In the big "What's for dinner?" picture, chicken appears often. I am a fan of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. No matter which recipe I use, I always Pound My Chicken (using a meat mallet). Here are the top 5 reasons you should always pound your chicken:
1. An even thickness allows for even cooking.
2. Pounding breaks down the fibers in the meat making it more tender.
3. The chicken appears larger, therefore, you feel like you are eating more!
4. Thin chicken cooks more quickly.
5. Feeling a little wound up? Pound it out!
I use a ziplock bag or plastic wrap to keep chicken parts from spraying across the kitchen. If a marinade is in order, pour it right in the ziplock bag.