Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Review: Trader Joe's Gazpacho

Gazpacho, the delicious tomato-based soup served cold, is a definite taste of summer. I enjoy it very much in restaurants. I do not enjoy making it from scratch. I have tried but the results, pitiful at best, do not warrant the preparation. I was thrilled to see this last time I was in Trader Joe's.
I am a Trader Joe's groupie, I admit. I won't claim that everything in their brand is excellent, but 95% of the time it is. I did not hesitate to grab two cartons of gazpacho, priced at $2.99 each. The gal at the register raved about it and noted it's only available in summer. I decided it would be my dinner.
I didn't bother with a bowl, I just opened the container. I did swirl in a tablespoon of low fat sour cream as that is how it is generally served in restaurants. 
It was delicious! A bit of crunch from the cucumbers, peppers and onions. Slightly spicy. Very fresh-tasting. No food processor required!!! A serving size is 1 cup, 2 servings per container. I ate the entire thing but at just 45 calories and no fat per serving, it was a great food deal. 
I'm not sure how long Trader Joe's will be carrying this gazpacho but I will be grabbing a couple containers each time I go in!

My review: Excellent and a great buy

No comments:

Post a Comment