Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The EASIEST White Sangria: Refreshing and Delicious


White Wine Sangria

A few years ago, I was determined to serve both a red and a white wine sangria at a large party I was hosting. I thought that finding a recipe would be easy. I ended up trying so many variations, I was hung-over for a month. My mistake was getting too complicated.
This sangria may not be considered authentic but it is easy, delicious, and a crowd-pleaser.

Pour 3 cups white wine (I chose this Pinot Grigio from Trader Joe's for $3.99) in a glass pitcher
Add an assortment of sliced and chopped fruit. I used strawberries, oranges, lemons, limes and pineapple
Muddle the fruit for a few minutes and refrigerate, even overnight, so the fruit flavors blend with the wine
Just before serving, add 3 cups of  7Up or Sprite (I chose Sprite Zero to cut the calories)
Add a slice of fruit to each glass

As long as the wine and Sprite are in equal measure, you can easily make as little or much of this as you like. For my guests, we needed more!

No comments:

Post a Comment